Wednesday 4 November 2015

Film Review: Man Up

Image credit: http://imuvia.com
Man Up was never on my list of films to watch, and to be honest I don't remember seeing any trailers for this film that was released back in April this year. However, after someone suggesting that I watch this film I thought to myself 'why not?' and began to watch it whilst snuggled under a blanket on Sunday afternoon.

As the film tagline suggests, it is a story about two people, Jack (Simon Pegg) and Nancy (Lake Bell) who meet for a blind date, but Jack mistakes Nancy for the girl he is actually suppose to meet called Jessica. Jack is a 40-year-old who is about to be divorced, and Nancy is a single 34-year-old just looking for love. The film follows their first date, and how they get along so well, but Nancy can't hide the fact that she isn't Jessica for much longer. After a series of hilarious shenanigans, Jack finally finds out the truth and not all goes to plan as Jack returns to meet Jessica because he is convinced she could be the love of his life, ignoring the fact how well himself and Nancy have gotten along. Finally, an emotional Nancy returns to her parents 40th anniversary party with more hilarious scenes to follow before the pair are finally reunited after Jack realises what mistake he has made letting Nancy go.

I didn't really know what I was expecting before I watched this film, but I am glad I did because it such a funny romantic comedy. Also, it is not usually my kind of film but I couldn't help but laugh at the series of hilarious goings-on and I completely fell in love with Nancy's character because of her cynical and sassy behaviour. I would certainly recommend a watch to anyone, and I know you'll be laughing your socks off at many points during the film, as I was too. I would rate this film 7.5 out of 10. A surprisingly good film in my opinion.

Have you seen this film, and what are your views?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I agree! I watched this film on the plane last week and it surprised me with how much it made me laugh. It was a little too cheesy for my liking in the end, but actually when you're on a long plane journey sometimes that's actually what you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad to see that you agree with me! I was very surprised by how funny I found it too, and of course the ending was far too cheesy and predictable, but that's what sells. Glad it made your plane journey a bit better though! :)

      Delete

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig