Wednesday 23 September 2015

L'Oreal make-up review

The other day I popped into my local boots because my current mascara was close to running out and I needed to replace my foundation. I have been using the L'Oreal True Match foundation for a few months now, and have been very happy with it, so naturally I thought to replace it. It is a great foundation that smooths and evens out my skin tone whilst being very light with medium coverage, but it is also very buildable without looking cakey whatsoever. At the moment there is £2 off the original price, so it cost only £7.99 which is a very reasonable high street price! And I love the new packaging style, it's very sleek and chic, making it look even more expensive than it actually is.

Currently, there is a 3 for 2 offer on all L'Oreal products, so I jumped at the chance to get a new mascara in with this offer (you know you would as well). I picked up the L'Oreal Voluminous Extra-Black which claims to build volume by 5 times and adds no clumping. I am very much impressed with this mascara, I think it gives pretty much the same effect as the YSL Faux-Cils mascara that I have been using. It does have quite a strong smell which can be a little bit off-putting at first, but who sniffs their mascara anyway?! This cost £8.49 and I would certainly purchase it again.

Next, I have putting off purchasing a primer for absolutely ages! But, I noticed my face becoming quite oily recently and my make-up was literally sliding off every time I touched it (not a good look). I decided that since my graduation is coming up, I really could not afford to let my make-up slide off because I need to look great in all the photos. So, I picked up the L'Oreal Infallable Mattifying Base Primer because I have seen it advertised in store and on a few blogs recently too. The 'mattifying' effect is really what had drawn me to this product because I really need my make-up to have some staying power. And guess what? It works! Honestly, I am so impressed with this primer (I add that I have never used a primer before) and I did not realise how essential a primer should be in your make-up routine. Only after smoothing a small amount over my face, my foundation glided on smoothly and whenever I touched my face throughout the day my make-up wasn't sliding off on my fingers, as what was happening previously. So a big thumbs up from me, and at only £7.99 you cannot go wrong!

What are your make-up essentials?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig