Saturday 26 September 2015

Film Review: Terminator Genisys

Photo credit: www.theterminatorfans.com
It took me a while, but I finally got around to watching the new Terminator: Genisys film, and it is safe to say that I was actually impressed. When I heard they were adding another film onto the Terminator franchise I was a little skeptical at first because this would be the fifth film in the franchise, and sometimes this can go either way in terms of good and bad. Although, when I found out that Emilia Clarke would be playing as Sarah Connor in this film I was actually a little more excited to see it because I am a massive fan of Game of Thrones, a series in which she stars.

First of all, I thought the graphics were incredible, and the special effects were a lot better than the first Terminator films (as you would imagine). This film is full of explosive action with guns and brutal fight scenes, a real signature with the Terminator franchise. At the beginning of the film I was a little confused as I was lost trying to get my head around what was actually going on. But once I figured out that this Terminator was based along a fractured timeline everything fell into place, and I began to enjoy the film even more.

I think Clarke did a really good job of the portrayal of Sarah Connor's character and really got behind the emotional side of her character, but she was also kick-ass when it came to the action scenes. I think Arnold Schwarzenegger fit straight back into his role as the Terminator brilliantly, and I even found some scenes very humorous, particularly at the beginning when he was trying to smile. Most of all, I loved that the director explored the deeper connection between Sarah Connor and the Terminator, and I thought the fact that Connor had nicknamed him "pops" was the sweetest thing. Because of this connection, the scene near the end had me holding my breath as it was very emotional (trying not to spoil it here). Also, I think Jai Courtney's portrayal of John Connor was brilliant, and he brought a great masculine energy towards the character. Of course, he looked pretty good in all the fight scenes too (I may be a little biased here).

I would definitely recommend a watch to anyone, especially if you are a fan of the Terminator franchise. Of course, I still prefer the first film and Judgement Day, but this comes a close third and is still a very enjoyable watch. I think I will be watching this film again in the near future, and I hope I enjoy it just as much as the first time I saw it.

I would rate this film 3 out of 5.
Have you seen this film and what are your views?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig