Saturday 26 March 2016

Film Review: Daddy's Home

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/daddys-home-poster.jpg
Image credit: collider.com
So, when I first saw the advert for Daddy's home I thought to myself "now that's a film I'd like to watch" because I think it looked very funny, and also because Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg star in it. So, that can't be a bad combination, right?

Brad (Ferrell) is the new step-dad to Sarah's (Linda Cardellini) two young children, and spends a lot of his time trying to be the best step-dad he can be, and he does this by following the steps in many how-to books. However, Sarah's two children are quite persistent about stating that Brad is in fact not their dad. After the children receive a phone call from their real dad they are very excited and Brad falls into the trap of inviting him over for a cold beer to get to know each other. So, the next day after hearing some not so wise words from his boss, Brad drives to the airport to pick up the real dad, Dusty (Wahlberg). However, Dusty walks right past Brad at the airport saying "nope" that he isn't Dusty. So, when Brad returns home to see a motorbike in his driveway he knows that Dusty is inside and goes in to greet him and to find it was the same guy who ignored him in the airport. This just sparks an endless amount of shenanigans that occur throughout the film as the two dads battle it out to be the "better" dad for Sarah's children. And you can only guess which way it turns in the end.

In all honesty, I found myself laughing at the stupid things that both Brad and Dusty were doing in order to one-up each other. But, after the film finished I just sat there and thought "well that film was stupid" mostly because the film was made up of stupid acts. I can't complain though as it was an easy watch and did make me laugh, but I am quite sure I won't be in a rush to watch it again.

Overall, I'd rate this film 6 out of 10. If you've seen the film let me know your thoughts too.

Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Leonni's Little Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig